Wednesday, October 28, 2015

15 Choir Fails

Me, trying to sing
Me, trying to sing
Way back .. at Uof O, I met this guy who persuaded me to sing Christmas carols... in public... whaaaa?

This post is all about me. A listicle of choir fails -- enjoy!

15. Forget your pencil -- and then bug the people around you for one.
Martha is organized !

14. Or... Always use a pen...
My own musical notation
My musical notation

13. Take selfies -- while everyone ELSE is rehearsing.
Choir selfie
Choir selfie

12. Wear distracting socks -- and forget what song you are on.
Winter socks
Winter socks

11. Write blog posts you think are funny instead of practicing that difficult Spanish thing, uh, piece.
Don't ask
Don't ask

10. Flirt with the cute Tenor beside you and miss your entry... and your note... and what carol you're singing...
Ryan thinks I'm creepy
Ryan thinks I'm creepy

9. Watch attentively while everyone else sets up the risers.
Brian, Pete and Morgan do the heavy lifting
Brian, Pete and Morgan do the heavy lifting

8. Bug choir members for new photos for the blog.
Not Josee's best side
Not Josee's best side

7. A random cat.
Kitten won't stay still for a pic
Kitten won't stay still for a pic

6. Yummy thanksgiving turkey...

Wait, this is a choir list.

Ok... being distracted.... Is a definite choir fail!
Turkey
Turkey

5. Eating the whole wonderful Mexican meal (at Feleena's) including a dark Mexican beer.

Can't... Breathe...
Ricotta and Spinach quesadilla with cilantro cream sauce at Feleena's
Ricotta and Spinach quesadilla with cilantro cream sauce at Feleena's

4. Having laryngitis after singing outside in the Byward Market. What a glorious afternoon!
Caroling in the Byward Market
Caroling in the Byward Market

3. Totally forgetting which church, which concert... etc.... and depending on Pete to get me there...
Stairwell Carollers sign
Stairwell Carollers sign

2. Watching patiently ( and photographically recording) everyone else folding programs.
Anne, Diane and Helen fold programs
Anne, Diane and Helen fold programs

1. Not being the clever one who made these cup cakes to match the choir binders for a spring concert reception. In fact, having never made ANY food for a concert reception.
Helen, alto, has a creative sister! These are her cupcakes
Helen, alto has a creative sister! These are her cupcakes


3 comments :

  1. So sad. I wrote this and now reading it again. I still think I'm funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny. I laughed my head off reading this Holly as many of these sound sooooo familiar for some reason... Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzanne - Good to know I'm in fine company :P
      Happy singing!
      Holly

      Delete

You can also email your questions to me - info (at) stairwellcarollers (dot) com.
Thanks,
Holly :)

You May also Like...

Popular Posts

Real Time Web Analytics Google
Google