With our most recent group photo in the can, the hard work was about to begin. I started by removing excess shadow from a few faces, using a Bloom tool in GIMP to increase brightness in a small controlled area. With the light balanced, I handed the image file over to Pierre to fix it to his liking.
The first thing he did was remove the background with a cloning tool. You can see my poor first attempt near the center of the photo above. Pierre has a better hand at this than I.
Yay, less for me to do.
He then cropped the image to create a panoramic type photo. Then he turned it black and white. This made it much easier to add in photos of members that missed the shoot.
The most time spent was using an edging tool to cut their photos out and layer them into the image then sizing the faces and balancing exposure to match. Pierre's job. Poor him.
Yay, more for me to do.
I was now volunteered to take individual photos to be shopped into the group photo.
Once Pete sent me the final image, I added a glow and some contrast to make all the blacks blend together. Done. Finally.
Next - Part 3 - Lights, Camera, Action -- The effect of lighting on your subject.
Please DONATE to make our 40th year special for everyone!