|Pete and grand-niece, Jaila and niece Judy (Jaila's Auntie)|
This is the one recording from our 2011 Christmas concert that highlights Paul Churchill as he sings tenor. He is standing second from the left in the back row.
The carollers, an a cappella group, formed in 1977 by director Pierre Massie, has earned the distinction of being ranked amongst the best of Ottawa choirs by choral critics. We are a non-profit organization, who raise funds for local charities through concert, CD and cookbook sales.
English translation of this traditional Welsh carol from Wikipedia
- Sleep my baby, at my breast,
- ’Tis a mother’s arms round you.
- Make yourself a snug, warm nest.
- Feel my love forever new.
- Harm will not meet you in sleep,
- Hurt will always pass you by.
- Child beloved, always you’ll keep,
- In sleep gentle, mother’s breast nigh.
- Sleep in peace tonight, sleep,
- O sleep gently, what a sight.
- A smile I see in slumber deep,
- What visions make your face bright?
- Are the angels above smiling,
- At you in your peaceful rest?
- Are you beaming back while in
- Peaceful slumber on mother’s breast?
- Do not fear the sound, it’s a breeze
- Brushing leaves against the door.
- Do not dread the murmuring seas,
- Lonely waves washing the shore.
- Sleep child mine, there’s nothing here,
- While in slumber at my breast,
- Angels smiling, have no fear,
- Holy angels guard your rest.
Buy our CDs and help other charities reach their goals!!!
Visit our blog
or our website for updates.
Audio: Tom Barnes. Recorded at St. Columba Church, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, Dec 17th, 2011.
Videographer: Andrew Mason.
Editing: Pierre Massie