Sunday, March 3, 2013

"The Stairwell Interviews" Why sing? Why Stairwell? Why Not!

Giant pile of Stairwell Cloaks after the Xmas season ready for the wash
The Stairwell Interviews will showcase past and present Stairwell Caroller Choristers (over 100 souls and counting)...

One. At. A. Time.

I drafted a few questions, both serious and tongue in cheek, and emailed them out to everyone I am still in contact with. Of course, if you are a past Stairweller please reconnect with us by emailing us at info@stairwellcarollers.com

The Questions --

1. I, ________________have been/was with the Stairwell Carollers for ____________ seasons. I sing _______ (e.g. Alto)

2. Some people play golf, throw pottery on a wheel, write Blogs -- why did you choose to sing? 

3. Why choral music? Why not Hip-hop or Opera? What is different about singing a cappella? Aside from the obvious -- that there is no piano or orchestra... 

4. What brought you to the Stairwell Carollers?
Actual Stairwell singing

5. We’ve had a few interesting singing experiences – highlight yes or no to the following... then choose one (or two or twelve) and tell me more.
 
Be aware I've listed only my own experiences, so feel free to add to this list – remember this is  with the Carollers – not, like, in your shower, um.. etc..

With the Stairwell Carollers,
I sang on a moving bus YES NO
I sang on Parliament Hill YES NO
I sang inside the Parliament Buildings YES NO
I sang in pouring rain/freezing drizzle YES NO
I sang at an old age home/in a hospital corridor/at a funeral/at a wedding YES NO
Carolling at The Governor General's Skating party
I sang with a raging fever YES NO
I sang while tears ran down my face YES NO
I sang live on radio YES NO
I sang in a mall YES NO
I sang while walking YES NO
I sang for an audience of less than 5 people YES NO
Concert at the Cumberland Museum, Orleans
I sang for a packed house YES NO
A drunk guy tried to dance with me/sang along/yelled in my ear/tried to convert me while I was singing YES NO
I sang beside Santa YES NO
I sang on TV/TV special/live TV YES NO
I sang in a convent for a room full of nuns (sweet) YES NO
I sing on YouTube (that’s most of you -- on the Stairwell Caroller channel) YES NO
I sang in a fast-food establishment/bar YES NO
I sang “Happy Birthday” to a random stranger in a bar YES NO
I sang in/at a ______________________
At Billings Estate for a TV special


6. Have you had a Stairwell Caroller “Ah-Ha” moment you can relate?

And finally... 7. Sum up our director, Pete, in three words or less... or more...

Already I've had some great responses from Stairwellers and will post the first STAIRWELL INTERVIEW soon!

-- from an idea suggested by Stairweller alto, Martha.

* This looks like it will be a lot of fun -- and may be a worthwhile topic to explore on your own choir or group Blog.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

You can also email your questions to me - info (at) stairwellcarollers (dot) com.
Thanks,
Holly :)

You May also Like...

Popular Posts

Real Time Web Analytics Google
Google